Monday, January 5, 2009

Well, here I go - starting a blog. I enjoy reading my niece's blog to know what's going on in her life. I'm not sure if my life is quite as exciting as hers, but I can also see this as an outlet for my writing. Yes, I'm a nurse by profession, but my passion is writing (along with cycling, photography, flying, my grandchildren, etc). Okay, so I like to do lots of things ... but by blogging I can share some of my life and express myself to whoever wants to read it without forcing anyone to listen. :)



I'm still putting Christmas things away. We held an open house as a fund raiser for the local 4-H club, which caused me to get a bit carried away with the decorating this year. My biggest problem has been putting my new "million dollar" tree (not quite, but that's what Curtis tells everyone) away. There is NO WAY it's going back into the box it arrived in after being "fluffed" out to look full. I finally got the top and bottom smooshed back into the box and used three large garbage bags cut up, then duct taped around the middle section! Now we just have to decide whether to put it in the storeroom upstairs or downstairs. Maybe we should just leave it up year round...



Of course, my favorite part of Christmas was being with the grandchildren, so I'm adding a picture of them (in front of my "million dollar" tree) dressed in their Santa Suits I bought 1/2 price last year after Christmas. I can't believe I actually thought that far ahead.

Enjoy the New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to hear more thru out the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I am so glad you started this. I've suggested it to mom because of her love for taking photos. I love the Santa picture. I'm still working on my Christmas cards. Maybe I'll get them out before they are Valentines cards

    ReplyDelete