Saturday, March 21, 2009

Basketball, Basketball, Basketball



Yes it's finally over for the season. And yes, I realize there are still plenty of games on TV, but we're done traveling to games for the year. Didn't go to a lot of local HS games, but did get hooked on Sterling College. Our friends, Danny & Linda, have a son, Mac, who was a senior on the team which got us there. But they were so much fun to watch, that we went to nearly every home game, a few of the away games, and even went to Branson, MO after they qualified for the NAIA Div II national tourney!!! Of course it doesn't take much prodding for an excuse to go there. :) Watched BBall, shopped, ate out, visited grandson Drake's grave, and just had fun with our friends.

Mac also received the Champion of Character award at the tourney (pic) which is determined by leadership, servanthood, respect, responsibility - in other words Mac is a great all around guy and Danny & Linda were quite proud of his award.








Then this week was the NJCAA tourney in Hutchinson which we have season tickets to. So it was off to Hutch every day this week. I managed to get out of...I mean, I reluctantly missed Friday because I worked at the nursing home that night.










Only found time to ride my bike once this week. I really need to get with it consistently if I'm going to be able to ride 50-75 miles/day for 4 days by June. But I did go 23 miles! The weather doesn't sound too conducive to riding this next week unless I just get someone to take me to OK and ride home with a 30mph tailwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment